Sunday, July 31, 2011

Greatest Hits

So Burbania Posts has been plugging away since August of 2009.  In honor of its impending anniversary I will (over the next few weeks when I feel like it) find reasons to post links to old articles.  Today I will provide you with links to the five most-viewed BP articles of all time.  These aren't necessarily my favorites and some simply pop up more often on Google for some reason.  Still, here they are, from #5 to #1...

#5  So Who Are the UU Christians?  This is a relatively recent post.  Its popularity may well have something to do with the fact that I have pushed it at church as something folks might want to read.  It has to do with one of the most central concerns of life in a congregation like Eliot.  Responses, incidentally, have been varied...

#4 Declining Denominations  Who among BP's core readership isn't interested in this?  My relatives, that's who (excluding the Reverend Mother, of course).  It also appears on Google sometimes...

#3 The Liberal Church is the Modern Monastery?  OK, I was surprised by this one.  It was an early attempt to think of ways to re-cast how we think of the liberal church in Burbania.  I will need to go and read it again to see what it says...

# 2 Meadville/Lombard Makes Me Dizzy  Other UU bloggers have noted that posts about UU institutions (particularly snarky ones) get a whole lot of hits.  These thoughts about my alma mater make it to #2 on the all-time list.  It is an interesting read today since so much has happened to M/L since.  Perhaps they should put a hard copy in the archives at Wiggin Library

and (drum roll please)...

...#1  Ukulele Hymns for Congregational Worship!  I know...shocking.  I think there has been some genuine interest in worship for smaller congregations.  This is a good thing as smaller congregations may be a thing of the future.  Also, I have discovered over the past few months a fairly ecumenical interest in the subject.  There have been quite a few searches using the key words of the title.

I do hope that folks have found the uke series helpful as I have enjoyed working on it.  Even if you don't have a uke, much of what I have written about is applicable in other contexts...

Anyway, that is all for now!  Thanks the folks who have dropped by over the years.  I am still around so feel free to drop by again!  This is definitely the...um...longest lasting of all my blogs...

...Oh...and a consolation prize goes to #6 on the all-time list: When Will College Cease to be Relevant?

No comments:

Post a Comment